Brookman is a long-established, specialist family law team. We bring high quality advice and representation to clients across the London Borough of Hounslow, from Chiswick to Feltham. We’ve been practicing family and divorce law for 45 years so we have all the expertise you need. After 45 years in practice, we are proud to be highly regarded within the legal sector and among former clients.
Divorce raises complex and sensitive issues wherever you’re located. For clients who live in Hounslow, we harness our national and international experience to offer a service combining value for money with high calibre, practical advice. This service includes a free initial conversation without any obligation – we’ll offer preliminary guidance and support to help you decide what steps you should take next.
To arrange a consultation, you can call us on 44 (0) 20 7430 8470 or simply click on Request A Free Consultation at the top of the page.
WHAT WE DO
The team of solicitors at Brookman deals exclusively with family law and related matters. Our clients in Hounslow and in neighbouring parts of Kent can get help with:
- Divorce and Separation – We advise clients who are considering divorce or who have just begun the process. Where required we can assist with the administrative aspects of divorce, helping you locate the most convenient court for your case where necessary, ensuring online applications are completed accurately and that financial claims are notified to the court at the appropriate time. This can minimise any delay in the process and avoid any negative impact on your financial settlement. After we’ve formed a full picture of your circumstances, we can advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Financial Aspects of Divorce and Separation – There are no clearly defined rules about how assets are divided on divorce. Courts take multiple factors into account, including the duration of the marriage and your future earning capacity. At Brookman we deal with cases ranging from the relatively straightforward involving modest assets to the most complex cases invloving high value assets located in multiple jurisdictions. We bring decades of experience to the table, giving us the ability to advise you early on about what a realistic settlement might look like. Our insight and advice can help simplify and shorten even the most bitterly contested divorce.
- Issues That Concern Children – We’ll work with you and your spouse’s representative to reach an agreement about where your children will live after divorce, and what time they will spend with the non-resident parent. If agreement isn’t possible we’ll apply to court for the necessary Child Arrangement Order.
- Pre And Post Nuptial Agreements – Increasingly recognised in England and Wales these agreements can help simplify matters in the event of divorce. In appropriate cases, they can also help safeguard family inheritances. We can advise on whether they might be appropriate for you.
- Divorce With An International Angle – Brookman is recognised widely for its experience in international divorces. If there is international property or you or your spouse have connections with another country, your divorce could potentially be decided outside of England and Wales. We advise on how this may impact your financial settlement and child arrangements.
WHY CHOOSE US
Hounslow locals and those from the wider London area who are going through a divorce or experiencing some other legal issue concerning the family come to us for a whole range of reasons. Many are attracted by the nature of the team itself. We aren’t a huge group so you don’t need to worry that your case will be lost among hundreds of others or that there will be different lawyers dealing with crucial matters at various times. But neither are we so small as to lack the resources and back-up to provide the truly comprehensive service you need. We have a substantial team of expert lawyers on hand to offer you the highest quality technical advice on all aspects of divorce, including on specialist matters like international divorce and complex financial matters.
Our commitment to high levels of client service is well known. We are regularly approached by people who have read some of the testimonials former clients have given us or who have been impressed by some of our online reviews.
We have earned Lexcel accreditation – the Law Society’s quality mark for client care – and are recognised by the Legal 500 directory. Many members of the team are recommended for their exemplary work in family law.
As members of Resolution, we work towards finding a constructive outcome to your divorce no matter how conflicted you and your estranged spouse are over key issues. Our job is to remove any obstacles to a negotiated settlement and make what can be a complicated, lengthy process as smooth as possible for you. Where it becomes necessary to engage in full blown proceedings however, you’ll find us as tenacious as any family law team when it comes to protecting your position in court and outside it.
To keep your costs down and provide a more efficient service we’ll often neet you online via Zoom or another platform. We use WhatsApp and email to keep you up to date with developments at all times. But we understand this can sometimes feel impersonal, particularly when delaing with emotionally difficult family law issues. Because we take pride in offering a personal and local service , you are always welcome to meet us in person at our central London offices. Alternatively, if you live in Hounslow it might be more convenient for you to come to our Richmond office located next to Richmond Green and a short walk from the mainline rail station at Richmond.
Or call us: +44 (0)20 7430 8470