Brookman is a long-established family law team. We bring high quality legal advice and representation to clients in Highbury, Islington and throughout the borough of Islington. After 45 years in practice, we are highly regarded within the legal sector and among former clients.
Divorce raises complex and sensitive issues wherever you’re located. At Brookman we harness our national and international experience to offer clients in Highbury a service that combines value for money with high calibre, practical advice.
Each member of our legal team is committed to the highest levels of client service. Many new clients come to us because we’ve been recommended to them r they have read some of our online reviews.
We offer a free initial conversation without any obligation – we’ll offer preliminary guidance and support to help you decide what steps you should take next.
To arrange a consultation, you can call us on 44 (0) 20 7430 8470 or simply click on Request A Free Consultation at the top of the page.
WHAT WE DO
Brookman deals exclusively with divorce and related matters, including financial settlements and arrangements for children. We have particular expertise in handling international divorce where there is property located overseas or the couple getting divorced have a connection with a legal jurisdiction outside the UK. We help clients who live in Highbury and the wider London area in the following ways:
- Divorce and Separation –If you are considering divorce or have just begun the process we can help you manage the administrative aspects of divorce, ensuring online applications are completed accurately and that financial claims are notified to the court at the appropriate time. The application stage of your divorce is important because getting it right will minimise any delay in the process and help avoid any negative impact on your financial settlement. We’ll ensure ou locate the most convenient court for your case where necessary and, once we’ve formed a full picture of your circumstances, we can advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Financial Aspects of Divorce and Separation – There are no hard and fast rules about how assets are divided on divorce. Courts take multiple factors into account, including the duration of the marriage and your future earning capacity. At Brookman we deal with cases ranging from the relatively straightforward involving modest assets to the most complex cases centring on high value assets located in multiple jurisdictions. We bring decades of experience to the table, giving us the ability to advise you early on about what a realistic settlement might look like. Our insight and advice can help simplify and shorten even the most bitterly contested divorce.
- Issues That Concern Children – We’ll work with you and your spouse’s representative to reach an agreement about where your children will live after divorce, and what time they will spend with the non-resident parent. If agreement isn’t possible, we’ll apply to court for the necessary Child Arrangement Order.
- Pre And Post Nuptial Agreements – Increasingly recognised in England and Wales these agreements can help simplify matters in the event of divorce. In appropriate cases, they can also help safeguard family inheritances. We can advise on whether they might be appropriate for you.
- Divorce With An International Angle – Brookman is recognised widely for its experience in international divorces. If there is international property or you or your spouse have connections with another country, your divorce could potentially be decided outside of England and Wales. We advise on how this may impact your financial settlement and child arrangements.
WHY CHOOSE US
Brookman serves clients in Highbury, Islington and across the N5 postcode area. We of course also serve clients in the London area.
Highbury locals come to us for a whole range of reasons. With offices in central London we are easy for people to get to on the Tube or by bus when they need to see a solicitor in person. In addition, many are attracted by the nature of the team itself. We aren’t a huge group of solicitors so you don’t need to worry that your case will be lost among hundreds of others or that there will be different lawyers dealing with crucial matters at various times. But neither are we so small as to lack the resources and back-up to provide the truly comprehensive service you need. We have a substantial team of expert lawyers on hand to offer you the highest quality technical advice on all aspects of divorce, including on specialist matters like international divorce and complex financial matters.
We have earned Lexcel accreditation – the Law Society’s quality mark for client care – and are recognised by the Legal 500 directory. Many members of the team are recommended for their exemplary work in family law.
As members of Resolution, we work towards finding a constructive outcome to your divorce no matter how conflicted you and your estranged spouse are over key issues. Our job is to remove any obstacles to a negotiated settlement and make what can be a complicated, lengthy process as smooth as possible for you. Where it becomes necessary to engage in full blown proceedings however, you’ll find us as tenacious as any family law team when it comes to protecting your position in court and outside it.
We quickly and expertly advise and update our clients via video calls, phone calls and texts but if you’re based in Highbury you can easily arrange a face to face appointment in our Chancery Lane offices when you need to.
Or call us: +44 (0)20 7430 8470