Brookman is a long-established, specialist family law team. For residents of Earl’s Court we offer high quality, personal advice and representation on all issues surrounding divorce and separation. With 45 years in practice, we are highly regarded within the legal sector and among former clients.
Unlike some solicitors that offer advice on divorce our emphasis is on giving you a local, personal service. We are reliant on recommendations from former Earl’ s Court and London-based clients to maintain our position as a highly reputable family law team. You can read some of our online reviews to find out more about the service we provide.
Divorce raises complex and sensitive issues wherever you’re located, whether there are children involved and irrespective of your financial circumstances. Our solicitors will always be available online to deal with your concerns promptly, and with offices close to Earl’s Court we are always available to meet you in person if you prefer.
We use our national and international experience to offer a service combining value for money with high calibre, practical advice. This service includes a free initial conversation without any obligation – we’ll offer preliminary guidance and support to help you decide what steps you should take next.
To arrange a consultation, you can call us on 44 (0) 20 7430 8470 or simply click on Request A Free Consultation at the top of the page.
WHAT WE DO
The team of solicitors at Brookman deals exclusively with family law and related matters. Our clients in Earl’s Court and in the surrounding areas of London can get help with:
- Divorce and Separation – We advise clients who are considering divorce or who have just begun the process. Where required we can assist with the administrative aspects of divorce, ensuring online applications are completed accurately and that financial claims are notified to the court at the appropriate time. This can minimise any delay in the process and avoid any negative impact on your financial settlement.
- Financial Aspects of Divorce and Separation – There are no hard and fast rules about how assets are divided on divorce. Courts take multiple factors into account, including the duration of the marriage and your future earning capacity. Any settlement should also be firmly based on the financial needs of each spouse and of any children. At Brookman we deal with cases ranging from the relatively straightforward involving modest assets to the most complex cases centring on high value assets located in multiple jurisdictions. We bring decades of experience to the table, giving us the ability to advise you early on about what a realistic settlement might look like. Our insight and advice can help simplify and shorten even the most bitterly contested divorce.
- Issues That Concern Children – We’ll work with you and your spouse’s representative to reach an agreement about where your children will live after divorce, and what time they will spend with the non-resident parent. If agreement isn’t possible we’ll apply to court for the necessary Child Arrangement Order.
- Pre And Post Nuptial Agreements – Increasingly recognised in England and Wales these agreements can help simplify matters in the event of divorce. In appropriate cases, they can also help safeguard family inheritances. We can advise on whether they might be appropriate for you.
- Divorce With An International Angle – Brookman is recognised widely for its experience in international divorces. With a significant proportion of cosmopolitan and international residents, divorces involving people from Earl’s Court regularly involve division of foreign assets. It’s also important to note that If there is international property or you or your spouse have connections with another country, your divorce could potentially be decided outside of England and Wales. We advise on how this may impact your financial settlement and child arrangements.
WHY CHOOSE US
Residents of Earl’s Court come to us for a whole range of reasons. For example:
- Many are attracted by the nature of the group itself. We aren’t a huge team so you don’t need to worry that your case will be lost among hundreds of others or that there will be different lawyers dealing with crucial matters at various times. But neither are we so small as to lack the resources and back-up to provide the truly comprehensive service you need. We have a substantial team of expert lawyers on hand to offer you the highest quality technical advice on all aspects of divorce, including on specialist matters like international divorce and complex financial matters.
- We have earned Lexcel accreditation – the Law Society’s quality mark for client care – and are recognised by the Legal 500 directory. Many members of the team are recommended for their exemplary work in family law.
- As members of Resolution, we work towards finding a constructive outcome to your divorce no matter how conflicted you and your estranged spouse are over key issues. Our job is to remove any obstacles to a negotiated settlement and make what can be a complicated, lengthy process as smooth as possible for you. Where it becomes necessary to engage in full blown proceedings however, you’ll find us as tenacious as any family law team when it comes to protecting your position in court and outside it.
- We understand that many clients, particularly those experiencing a painful divorce, find electronic communication impersonal and even unhelpful. Using a team like the one at Brookman – one that is committed to a personal service and is relatively local to you (our offices are next to Chancery Lane so a short trip from Earl’s Court) means you can build up a trusting relationship with your solicitor and always meet us face to face when you want to.
Or call us: +44 (0)20 7430 8470