Brookman is a long-established, specialist family law team with a network of offices in London and the Southeast. For residents of Raynes Park facing divorce or other family legal issues we are easily accessible – you can visit us in central London or in one of our other locations like Richmond upon Thames.
You can see what former clients say about us on our Review page.
As part of DMH Stallard, a well-known law firm that was established more than fifty years ago, we have a wealth of resources and expertise at our disposal. This adds value and efficiency to the service we can offer people in Raynes Park and other parts of Merton.
In essence our family law service is one that combines value for money with high calibre, practical advice, and we’re happy to have a free initial conversation without any obligation. We’ll offer preliminary guidance and support to help you decide what steps you should take next.
To arrange a consultation, you can call us on 44 (0) 20 7430 8470 or simply click on Request A Free Consultation at the top of the page.
WHAT WE DO
Divorce raises complex and sensitive issues no matter where you’re located. Whether you have children or not and whether your finances are secure, reaching a final agreement with your spouse is rarely straightforward. People living in Raynes Park and across SW20 benefit from our national and international experience. We deal exclusively with family law and related matters. For example:
- Divorce and Separation – We advise clients who are considering divorce or who have just begun the process. Where required we can assist with the administrative aspects of divorce, ensuring online applications are completed accurately and that financial claims are notified to the court at the appropriate time. This can minimise any delay in the process and avoid any negative impact on your financial settlement. After we’ve formed a full picture of your circumstances, we can advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Financial Aspects of Divorce and Separation – There are no hard and fast rules about how assets are divided on divorce. Courts take multiple factors into account, including the duration of the marriage and your future earning capacity. At Brookman we deal with cases ranging from the relatively straightforward involving modest assets to the most complex cases centring on high value assets located in multiple jurisdictions. We bring decades of experience to the table, giving us the ability to advise you early on about what a realistic settlement might look like. Our insight and advice can help simplify and shorten even the most bitterly contested divorce.
- Issues That Concern Children – We’ll work with you and your spouse’s representative to reach an agreement about where your children will live after divorce, and what time they will spend with the non-resident parent. If agreement isn’t possible, we’ll apply to court for the necessary Child Arrangement Order.
- Pre And Post Nuptial Agreements – Increasingly recognised in England and Wales these agreements can help simplify matters in the event of divorce. In appropriate cases, they can also help safeguard family inheritances. We can advise on whether they might be appropriate for you.
- Divorce With An International Angle – Brookman is recognised widely for its experience in international divorces. If there is international property or you or your spouse have connections with another country, your divorce could potentially be decided outside of England and Wales. We advise on how this may impact your financial settlement and child arrangements.
WHY CHOOSE US
Businesspeople and professionals in and around Coombe, Copse Hill and other parts of Raynes Park, who are going through a divorce come to us for a whole range of reasons:
- Many like the way our team is structured. We aren’t a faceless institution where your case might get lost among hundreds of others or where you’ll have to deal with multiple lawyers who may not always be across the detail of your case. Nor are we so small as to lack the resources and back-up to provide the truly comprehensive service you need. We have a substantial team of expert lawyers on hand to offer you the highest quality technical advice on all aspects of divorce, including on specialist matters like international divorce and complex financial matters.
- Our main office is a short walk from Chancery Lane Underground station so it’s easy for residents of Raynes Park who work in the City to get to us, and we’re easily accessible on various forms of public transport from Raynes Park itself.
- While we use video conferencing, texts and email to keep you informed as your case proceeds, clients coming from Raynes Park to one of our offices are able to build up genuine in-person relationships of trust with our solicitors over the time it takes to resolve all aspects of their case.
- We have earned Lexcel accreditation – the Law Society’s quality mark for client care – and are recognised by the Legal 500 directory. Many members of the team are recommended for their exemplary work in family law.
- As members of Resolution, we work towards finding a constructive outcome to your divorce no matter how conflicted you and your estranged spouse are over key issues. Our job is to remove any obstacles to a negotiated settlement and make what can be a complicated, lengthy process as smooth as possible for you. Where it becomes necessary to engage in full blown proceedings however, you’ll find us as tenacious as any family law team when it comes to protecting your position in court and outside it.
Or call us: +44 (0)20 7430 8470