Brookman is a long-established family law team. We bring high quality advice and representation to clients in Richmond upon Thames and surrounding parts of Outer London. We are part of the highly regarded firm DMH Stallard, formed 50 years ago, so we have great expertise, resources and back up at our disposal. This all enhances the family law service we offer to clients from Richmond.
As a group of family lawyers Brookman is respected by other solicitors, judges and court officials. We have also received dozens of favourable reviews from former clients in Richmond upon Thames and beyond.
Divorce invariably raises complex and sensitive issues irrespective of whether you have children and no matter what your financial circumstances are. If you are coming to see us from Richmond upon Thames, you will benefit from our ability to quickly identify the key issues in your case and advise you accordingly.
We harness our national and international experience to offer a service combining value for money with high calibre, practical advice. This service includes a free initial conversation without any obligation – we’ll offer preliminary guidance and support to help you decide what steps you should take next.
To arrange a consultation, you can call us on 44 (0) 20 7430 8470 or simply click on Request A Free Consultation at the top of the page.
WHAT WE DO
The team of solicitors at Brookman deals exclusively with family law and related matters. Our clients in Richmond upon Thames and in neighbouring areas can get help with:
- Divorce and Separation – We advise clients who are considering divorce or who have just begun the process. Where required we can assist with the administrative aspects of divorce, ensuring online applications are completed accurately and that financial claims are notified to the court at the appropriate time. This can minimise any delay in the process and avoid any negative impact on your financial settlement. After we’ve formed a full picture of your circumstances, we can advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Financial Aspects of Divorce and Separation – There are no hard and fast rules about how assets are divided on divorce. Courts take multiple factors into account, including the duration of the marriage and your future earning capacity. At Brookman we deal with cases ranging from the relatively straightforward involving modest assets to the most complex cases centring on high value assets located in multiple jurisdictions. We bring decades of experience to the table, giving us the ability to advise you early on about what a realistic settlement might look like. Our insight and advice can help simplify and shorten even the most bitterly contested divorce.
- Issues That Concern Children – We’ll work with you and your spouse’s representative to reach an agreement about where your children will live after divorce, and what time they will spend with the non-resident parent. If agreement isn’t possible, we’ll apply to court for the necessary Child Arrangement Order. It’s always essential to put the needs of children first in any agreement. After all this is the approach the courts will take if you are unable to agree arrangements with your spouse.
- Pre And Post Nuptial Agreements – Increasingly recognised in England and Wales these agreements can help simplify matters in the event of divorce. In appropriate cases, they can also help safeguard family inheritances. We can advise on whether they might be appropriate for you.
- Divorce With An International Angle – Brookman is recognised widely for its experience in international divorces. If there is international property or you or your spouse have connections with another country, your divorce could potentially be decided outside of England and Wales. We advise on how this may impact your financial settlement and child arrangements
WHY CHOOSE US
Brookman serves clients throughout the Borough of Richmond upon Thames, including residents of East Sheen, Kew and Twickenham. Of course, we also serve clients in other areas of London.
Richmond upon Thames locals (professionals, businesspeople and others) who are going through a divorce come to us for a whole range of reasons. Many are attracted by the nature of the team itself. We aren’t a huge group of lawyers so you don’t need to worry that your case will be lost among hundreds of others or that there will be different lawyers dealing with crucial matters at various times. But neither are we so small as to lack the resources and back-up to provide the truly comprehensive service you need. We have a substantial team of expert lawyers on hand to offer you the highest quality technical advice on all aspects of divorce, including on specialist matters like international divorce and complex financial matters.
Our commitment to high levels of client service is well known. We are regularly approached by people who have read some of the testimonials former clients have given us or who have been impressed by some of our online reviews.
We have earned Lexcel accreditation – the Law Society’s quality mark for client care – and are recognised by the Legal 500 directory. Many members of the team are recommended for their exemplary work in family law.
As members of Resolution, we work towards finding a constructive outcome to your divorce no matter how conflicted you and your estranged spouse are over key issues. Our job is to remove any obstacles to a negotiated settlement and make what can be a complicated, lengthy process as smooth as possible for you. Where it becomes necessary to engage in full blown proceedings however, you’ll find us as tenacious as any family law team when it comes to protecting your position in court and outside it.
Finally, by choosing Brookman you benefit from our personal approach to handling divorce. These days we exploit as wide a range of technology as possible to improve our service. So a lot of your contact with us will be remote, with emails, texts and so on. But if you are in Richmond upon Thames or another part of London, you’ll always be able to meet us face to face by coming into our offices in central London near Chancery Lane. You can also make an appointment to meet one of the team at our office in Richmond – close to Richmond Green.
We believe personal contact with the solicitor handling your divorce is a crucial way of finalising all the central issues in your divorce. Not all London solicitors offer this level of personal service.
Or call us: +44 (0)20 7430 8470