Brookman is a long-established family law team. We bring high quality advice and representation to clients in Kew and other parts of the Richmond upon Thames borough. We are all specialist family lawyers with decades of experience behind us. As part of the well-known firm DMH Stallard we are also backed by a wealth of expertise and resources. This all enhances the service we provide our clients from Kew and elsewhere.
Divorce raises complex and sensitive issues wherever you’re located. It doesn’t matter how many children you have or what your family finances are like. Difficult issues usually have to be confronted at some point – even in the most seemingly straightforward separation.
We believe your case is stronger with Brookman on your side.
For clients in Kew and across wider parts of the borough of Richmond upon Thames like Hampton and Teddington we harness our national and international experience to offer a service combining value for money with high calibre, practical advice. This includes a free initial conversation without any obligation – we’ll offer preliminary guidance and support to help you decide what steps you should take next.
To arrange a consultation, you can call us on 44 (0) 20 7430 8470 or simply click on Request A Free Consultation at the top of the page.
WHAT WE DO
The team of solicitors at Brookman deals exclusively with family law and related matters. Our clients in Kew can get assistance with:
- Divorce and Separation – We advise clients in and around Kew who are considering divorce or who have just begun the process. Where required we can advise you about which family courts serve Kew when you need to ask a judge to decide issues about children or finances. We also assist with the administrative aspects of divorce, ensuring online applications are completed accurately and that financial claims are notified to the court at the appropriate time. This can minimise any delay in the process and avoid any negative impact on your financial settlement. After we’ve formed a full picture of your circumstances, we can advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Financial Aspects of Divorce and Separation – There are no hard and fast rules about how assets are divided on divorce. Courts take multiple factors into account, including the duration of the marriage and your future earning capacity. At Brookman we deal with cases ranging from the relatively straightforward involving modest assets to the most complex cases centring on high value assets located in multiple jurisdictions. We bring decades of experience to the table, giving us the ability to advise you early on about what a realistic settlement might look like. Our insight and advice can help simplify and shorten even the most bitterly contested divorce for clients in Kew and other parts of the borough of Richmond upon Thames.
- Issues That Concern Children – We’ll work with you and your spouse’s representative to reach an agreement about where your children will live after divorce, and what time they will spend with the non-resident parent. If agreement isn’t possible, we’ll apply to court for the necessary Child Arrangement Order.
- Pre And Post Nuptial Agreements – Increasingly recognised in England and Wales these agreements can help simplify matters in the event of divorce. In appropriate cases, they can also help safeguard family inheritances. We can advise individuals in Kew and neighbouring areas on whether these agreements might be appropriate for you.
- Divorce With An International Angle – Brookman is recognised widely for its experience in international divorces. If there is international property or you or your spouse have connections with another country, your divorce could potentially be decided outside of England and Wales. We advise on how this may impact your financial settlement and child arrangements.
WHY CHOOSE US
Brookman has a network of offices across London and the Southeast. People living in Kew can make an appointment to visit our nearby office in Richmond (beside the Green). Many clients, including those who work in the City find it more convenient to visit our central office near the Strand.
Locals in Kew, including successful business owners and professionals who are going through a divorce come to us for a whole range of reasons.
Many are attracted by the nature of the team itself. We aren’t one of those big, faceless groups of solicitors where you might worry that your case will be lost among hundreds of others or that there will be different lawyers dealing with crucial matters at various times. But neither are we so small as to lack the resources and back-up to provide the truly comprehensive service you need. We have a substantial team of expert lawyers on hand to offer you the highest quality technical advice on all aspects of divorce, including on specialist matters like international divorce and complex financial matters.
We have earned Lexcel accreditation – the Law Society’s quality mark for client care – and are recognised by the Legal 500 directory. Many members of the team are recommended for their exemplary work in family law.
As members of Resolution, we work towards finding a constructive outcome to your divorce no matter how conflicted you and your estranged spouse are over key issues. Our job is to remove any obstacles to a negotiated settlement and make what can be a complicated, lengthy process as smooth as possible for you. Where it becomes necessary to engage in full blown proceedings however, you’ll find us as tenacious as any family law team when it comes to protecting your position in court and outside it.
Or call us: +44 (0)20 7430 8470