At Brookman we are a long-established team of family law solicitors. As specialists in divorce law and related matters we provide high quality representation to clients throughout the London Borough of Wandsworth and surrounding parts of the capital.
With decades of family law experience between us, we are highly regarded by other family lawyers and court staff. We are proud of the many favourable reviews we have received from clients in Wandsworth and elsewhere.
Divorce is complicated. It doesn’t matter where you live, how many children you have or how financially stable you are – complex and sensitive issues invariably arise. This is why it’s often crucial to get specialist legal advice before agreeing any settlement with your spouse. For our clients in Wandsworth , we harness our national and international experience to offer a service combining value for money with high calibre, practical advice.
We are happy to offer a free initial conversation without any obligation – we’ll give you preliminary guidance and support to help you decide what steps you should take next.
To arrange a consultation, you can call us on 44 (0) 20 7430 8470 or simply click on Request A Free Consultation at the top of the page.
WHAT WE DO
At Brookman we deal exclusively with family law and related matters. Our clients in Wandsworth and in neighbouring areas can get help with:
- Divorce and Separation – We advise clients who are considering divorce or who have just begun the process. Where required we can assist with the administrative aspects of divorce, ensuring online applications are completed accurately and that financial claims are notified to the court at the appropriate time. This can minimise any delay in the process and avoid any negative impact on your financial settlement. After we’ve formed a full picture of your circumstances, we can advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Financial Aspects of Divorce and Separation – There are no hard and fast rules about how assets are divided on divorce. Courts take multiple factors into account, including the duration of the marriage and your future earning capacity. At Brookman we deal with cases ranging from the relatively straightforward involving modest assets to the most complex cases centring on high value assets located in multiple jurisdictions. With our experiencewe can give early advice on what a realistic settlement might look like. Our insight and advice can help simplify and shorten even the most bitterly contested divorce.
- Pensions – Sometimes pensions are overlooked as part of the financial settlement but they are often a couple’s largest asset after the family home. In our experience it’s increasingly the case that one spouse – often the financially weaker party – risks losing his or her full pension entitlement in the rush to get a final agreement. We’ll ensure you get what you are due without jeopardising your final settlement. If you are the chief pension contributor an accurate analysis of the pension value means you won’t lose any benefits you are entitled to.
- Issues That Concern Children – We’ll work with you and your spouse’s representative to reach an agreement about where your children will live after divorce, and what time they will spend with the non-resident parent. If agreement isn’t possible, we’ll apply to court for the necessary Child Arrangement Order. The needs of children will always come first in any agreement. This is the approach the courts will take if you are unable to agree arrangements with your spouse.
- Pre And Post Nuptial Agreements – Increasingly recognised in England and Wales these agreements can help simplify matters in the event of divorce. In appropriate cases, they can also help safeguard family inheritances. We can advise on whether they might be appropriate for you.
- Divorce With An International Angle – Brookman is recognised widely for its experience in international divorces. If there is international property or you or your spouse have connections with another country, your divorce could potentially be decided outside of England and Wales. We advise on how this may impact your financial settlement and child arrangements.
WHY CHOOSE US
Brookman serves clients in Wandsworth itself and throughout the borough. Of course, we also serve clients in wider areas of London.
Wandsworth residents and those from the wider London area who are going through a divorce or experiencing some other legal issue concerning the family come to us for a whole range of reasons. Many are attracted by the nature of the team itself. We aren’t a huge group of lawyers so you don’t need to worry that your case will be lost among hundreds of others or that there will be different lawyers dealing with crucial matters at various times. But neither are we so small as to lack the resources and back-up to provide the truly comprehensive service you need. We have a substantial team of expert lawyers on hand to offer you the highest quality technical advice on all aspects of divorce, including on specialist matters like international divorce and complex financial matters.
We understand that not everyone wants to always meet their solicitor in person. At times it’s more convenient and less stressful to get advice and updates by text, phone and Zoom, and to meet your advisor only when absolutely necessary. As a firm we are wholly on board with remote working and advice. However we also place great store on providing a personal, face to face service when that’s what the client wants. Clients in Wandsworth are always welcome to arrange appointments with us at any of our offices, including our central London base next to Chancery Lane Tube. If you want to avoid central London you might find it more convenient to get a train from Wandsworth Town or a nearby station to Richmond where we have an office just couple of minutes’ walk from Richmond Green and the mainline rail station more convenient.
We have earned Lexcel accreditation – the Law Society’s quality mark for client care – and are recognised by the Legal 500 directory. Many members of the team are recommended for their exemplary work in family law.
As members of Resolution, we work towards finding a constructive outcome to your divorce no matter how conflicted you and your estranged spouse are over key issues. Our job is to remove any obstacles to a negotiated settlement and make what can be a complicated, lengthy process as smooth as possible for you. Where it becomes necessary to engage in full blown proceedings however, you’ll find us as tenacious as any family law team when it comes to protecting your position in court and outside it.
Or call us: +44 (0)20 7430 8470