Brookman Solicitors is an established team of highly experienced family lawyers. Working as a team, we represent people in Tooting and across the London Borough of Wandsworth who are going through a divorce. We also act for individuals who may already be divorced but who need advice on either:
- How to enforce a financial order previously made by the family courts; or
- Have concerns that a Child Arrangements Order is not being implemented correctly.
Based in central London and with a network of other offices throughout the Southeast we’re easy to get to if you live in Tooting or another part of Wandsworth.
As part of DMH Stallard, a well-known law firm that’s more than fifty years old, we have a wealth of resources and expertise at our disposal. This adds value and efficiency to the service we can offer people in Tooting, Wandsworth and across the capital as a whole.
You can see what former clients say about us on our Review page.
FREE FAMILY LAW CONSULTATION FOR TOOTING RESIDENTS
Our family law service for people in Tooting is one that combines value for money with high calibre, practical advice. We’re happy to have a free initial conversation without any obligation. We’ll offer preliminary guidance and support to help you decide what steps you should take next.
To arrange a consultation, you can call us on 44 (0) 20 7430 8470 or simply click on Request A Free Consultation at the top of the page.
WHAT WE DO
Divorce raises complex issues. It doesn’t matter how many children you have or how much or little money is available to divide between you and your spouse. Reaching a final agreement with your spouse is rarely straightforward. We deal exclusively with family law and related matters. Below we’ve listed some of the main areas you need to consider during your divorce
- Divorce and Separation – We advise clients who are considering divorce or who have just begun the process. Where required we can assist with the administrative aspects of divorce, ensuring online applications for a final divorce order are completed accurately and that financial claims are notified to the court at the appropriate time. This can minimise any delay in the process and avoid any negative impact on your financial settlement. After we’ve formed a full picture of your circumstances, we can advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Financial Aspects of Divorce and Separation – Finances are usually dealt with in parallel but separately from the application for divorce itself There are no hard and fast rules about how assets are divided on divorce. Courts take multiple factors into account, including the duration of the marriage and your future earning capacity. At Brookman we deal with cases ranging from the relatively straightforward involving modest assets to the most complex cases centring on high value assets located in multiple jurisdictions. We bring decades of experience to the table, giving us the ability to advise you early on about what a realistic settlement might look like. Our insight and advice can help simplify and shorten even the most bitterly contested divorce.
- Pensions – Sometimes your pensions are not given appropriate weight in financial discussions. But they can be as significant a matrimonial asset as property. In our experience it’s increasingly the case that one spouse – often the financially weaker party – overlooks his or her full pension entitlement in the quest to get a final agreement. We’ll advise you of your pension rights and where necessary engage a specialist to accurately assess the value of any pensions that form part of the matrimonial pot. This ensures you get what you are due without jeopardising your final settlement.
- Issues That Concern Children – We’ll work with you and your spouse’s representative to reach an agreement about where your children will live after divorce, and what time they will spend with the non-resident parent. If agreement isn’t possible, we’ll apply to court for the necessary Child Arrangement Order.
- Pre And Post Nuptial Agreements – Increasingly recognised in England and Wales these agreements can help simplify matters in the event of divorce. In appropriate cases, they can also help safeguard family inheritances. We can advise on whether they might be appropriate for you.
- Divorce With An International Angle – Brookman is recognised widely for its experience in international divorces. If there is international property or you or your spouse have connections with another country, your divorce could potentially be decided outside of England and Wales. We advise on how this may impact your financial settlement and child arrangements. Because of our international experience we have often been asked to act in Hague Convention cases where a child has unlawfully been removed from the jurisdiction of England and Wales.
WHY CHOOSE US
Our clients in Tooting include local businesspeople and other professionals. They come from all over the area. They tend to instruct us for a range of reasons, including:
- The way our team is structured. We aren’t a faceless institution where your case might get lost among hundreds of others or where you’ll have to deal with multiple lawyers who may not always be across the detail of your case. Nor are we so small as to lack the resources and back-up to provide the truly comprehensive service you need. We have a substantial team of expert lawyers on hand to offer you the highest quality technical advice on all aspects of divorce, including on specialist matters like international divorce and complex financial matters.
- Our main office is a short walk from Chancery Lane Underground station so it’s really easy to get to from all parts of Tooting and convenient for those who work in and around the City.
- Our approach. While we use video conferencing, texts and email to keep you informed as your case proceeds, clients coming from Tooting to one of our offices can build up genuine in-person relationships of trust with our solicitors over the time it takes to resolve all aspects of their case.
- We have earned Lexcel accreditation – the Law Society’s quality mark for client care – and are recognised by the Legal 500 directory. Many members of the team are recommended for their exemplary work in family law.
- As members of Resolution, we work towards finding a constructive outcome to your divorce no matter how conflicted you and your estranged spouse are over key issues. Our job is to remove any obstacles to a negotiated settlement and make what can be a complicated, lengthy process as smooth as possible for you.We encourage you to speak to your spouse about a settlement where possible and we employ a range of techniques like mediation to work towards an agreement in appropriate cases. But we recognise this won’t be possible in every case. So where it becomes necessary to engage in full blown court proceedings, you’ll find us as tenacious as any family law team when it comes to protecting your position in court and outside it.
Or call us: +44 (0)20 7430 8470