Brookman is a long-established specialist family law team. With offices in central London close to The Strand we regularly act for clients in Bayswater going through divorce, providing them with high quality advice and representation. As part of the highly regarded firm DMH Stallard – established over 50 years ago – we have a great reputation within the legal sector and among former clients. You can read some of the feedback we’ve received about our services on our Review page.
For clients in Bayswater and anyone based across the wider City of Westminster borough, we harness our national and international experience to provide a service combining value for money with high calibre, practical advice.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
Of course divorce nearly always raises complex and sensitive personal issues. But you should always try to keep the practical issues (finances and childcare in particular) at the forefront of your mind as these will form the basis of your legal settlement.
Our service includes a free initial conversation without any obligation on your part. We’ll offer preliminary guidance and support to help you decide what steps you should take next, explaining the legal process relating to divorce and outlining how the courts approach arrangements for children and property division when you get divorced.
To arrange a consultation, you can call us on 44 (0) 20 7430 8470 or simply click on Request A Free Consultation at the top of the page.
WHAT WE DO
At Brookman our lawyers deal exclusively with family law and related matters. Clients in Bayswater and in neighbouring parts of Westminster can get help with:
- Divorce With An International Angle – Brookman is recognised widely for its experience in international divorces. Bayswater is one of the most cosmopolitan neighbourhoods in central London and many of our clients in parts of Bayswater like Kensington Gardens and Queensbury have property and family connections overseas. It’s not unusual therefore for the divorces we handle to involve disputes over international property and other assets like foreign bank accounts. Issues can also arise if one spouse wishes to move overseas with children after the divorce. Also, if there is international property or you or your spouse have the type of foreign connections that we’ve described, your divorce could potentially be decided outside of England and Wales. We advise on how this may impact your financial settlement and child arrangements.
- Divorce and Separation – We advise clients who are considering divorce or who have just begun the process. Where required we can assist with the administrative aspects of divorce, ensuring online applications are completed accurately and that financial claims are notified to the court at the appropriate time. This can minimise any delay in the process and avoid any negative impact on your financial settlement. After we’ve formed a full picture of your circumstances, we can advise you on the best way to proceed.
- Financial Aspects of Divorce and Separation – There are no hard and fast rules about how assets are divided on divorce. Courts take multiple factors into account, including the duration of the marriage and your future earning capacity. At Brookman we deal with cases ranging from the relatively straightforward involving modest assets to the most complex cases involving high profile individuals and centring on high value assets located in multiple jurisdictions. We bring decades of experience to the table, giving us the ability to advise you early on about what a realistic settlement might look like. Our insight and advice can help simplify and shorten even the most bitterly contested divorce.
- Issues That Concern Children – We’ll work with you and your spouse’s representative to reach an agreement about where your children will live after divorce, and what time they will spend with the non-resident parent. If agreement isn’t possible, we’ll apply to court for the necessary Child Arrangement Order. Many of our clients in Bayswater have international connections, and we are often instructed in cases of international child abduction. Using the Hague Convention and other international treaties we have a track record of successfully returning to the UK children who have been unlawfully taken overseas by one parent.
- Pre And Post Nuptial Agreements – Increasingly recognised in England and Wales these agreements can help simplify matters in the event of divorce. In appropriate cases, they can also help safeguard family inheritances. We can advise on whether they might be appropriate for you.
WHY CHOOSE US
We represent Bayswater locals, and we also serve clients from across the City of Westminster and of course from other parts of the capital generally.
Many are attracted by the nature of Brookman itself. We aren’t a huge team so you don’t need to worry that your case will be lost among hundreds of others or that there will be different lawyers dealing with crucial matters at various times. But neither are we so small as to lack the resources and back-up to provide the truly comprehensive service you need. We have a substantial team of expert lawyers on hand to offer you the highest quality technical advice on all aspects of divorce, including on specialist matters like international divorce and complex financial matters.
We have earned Lexcel accreditation – the Law Society’s quality mark for client care – and are recognised by the Legal 500 directory. Many members of our team are recommended for their exemplary work in family law.
As members of Resolution, we work towards finding a constructive outcome to your divorce no matter how conflicted you and your estranged spouse are over key issues. Our job is to remove any obstacles to a negotiated settlement and make what can be a complicated, lengthy process as smooth as possible for you. Where it becomes necessary to engage in full blown proceedings however, you’ll find us as tenacious as any lawyers when it comes to protecting your position in court and outside it.
To keep your costs down and provide a more efficient service we’ll often meet you online via Zoom or another platform. We’ll always respond quickly to emails and messages. But we understand this can sometimes feel impersonal, particularly when key issues about your family’s future are at stake. So you are always welcome to visit us in person at our central London offices.
Or call us: +44 (0)20 7430 8470