Brookman is a long-established family law team. Our central London base near The Strand is a short walk from Charing Cross and easily accessible from all areas of the wider City of Westminster borough. We represent both residents and commuters using Charing Cross Station. Our focus is exclusively on divorce and family law – not something that many firms of our size and with our experience do. We believe this adds real value to our service. After 45 years in practice, we are highly regarded within the legal sector and among former clients.
We never take for granted the value of satisfied clients who recommend us to their friends and acquaintances.
Read some of our online reviews to find out more about the service we provide.
Divorce raises complex and sensitive issues wherever you’re located. We prioritise a personal and local service so, unlike staff at many family law firms and at companies offering cheap, online divorce packages, our solicitors will always be available to deal with your concerns promptly. We are also available to meet you in person if you prefer – our offices are just a few minutes’ walk from Charing Cross.
In our experience people going through divorce value the availability of regular face to face meetings with their solicitor more than ever.
We use our national and international experience to offer a service combining value for money with high calibre, practical advice. This service includes a free initial conversation without any obligation – we’ll offer preliminary guidance and support to help you decide what steps you should take next.
To arrange a consultation, you can call us on 44 (0) 20 7430 8470 or simply click on Request A Free Consultation at the top of the page.
WHAT WE DO
The team of solicitors at Brookman deals exclusively with family law and related matters. Our clients in Charing Cross and in the surrounding areas of Westminster can get help with:
- Divorce and Separation – We advise clients who are considering divorce or who have just begun the process. Where required we can assist with the administrative aspects of divorce, ensuring online applications are completed accurately and that financial claims are notified to the court at the appropriate time. This can minimise any delay in the process and avoid any negative impact on your financial settlement.
- Financial Aspects of Divorce and Separation – Usually dealt with separately from your application for divorce, division of assets is rarely clear cut. That’s because there are no hard and fast rules about how assets are divided on divorce. Courts take multiple factors into account, including the duration of the marriage and your future earning capacity. At Brookman we deal with cases ranging from the relatively straightforward involving modest assets to the most complex cases centring on high value assets located in multiple jurisdictions. We bring decades of experience to the table, giving us the ability to advise you early on about what a realistic settlement might look like. Our insight and advice can help simplify and shorten even the most bitterly contested divorce.
- Pensions – Sometimes your pensions are not given appropriate weight in financial discussions. But they can be as significant a matrimonial asset as property. In our experience it’s increasingly the case that one spouse – often the financially weaker spouse – overlooks his or her full pension entitlement in the quest to get a final agreement. We’ll advise you of your pension rights and where necessary engage a specialist to accurately assess the value of any pensions that form part of the matrimonial pot. This ensures you get what you are due without jeopardising your final settlement.
- Issues That Concern Children – We’ll work with you and your spouse’s representative to reach an agreement about where your children will live after divorce, and what time they will spend with the non-resident parent. If agreement isn’t possible, we’ll apply to court for the necessary Child Arrangement Order.
- Pre And Post Nuptial Agreements – Increasingly recognised in England and Wales these agreements can help simplify matters in the event of divorce. In appropriate cases, they can also help safeguard family inheritances. We can advise on whether they might be appropriate for you.
- Divorce With An International Angle – Brookman is recognised widely for its experience in international divorces. If there is international property or you or your spouse have foreign connections, your divorce could potentially be decided outside of England and Wales. We advise on how this may impact your financial settlement and child arrangements. Issues could arise if one spouse wishes to move overseas post-divorce and there are minor children.
WHY CHOOSE US
People come to see us from Charing Cross for a whole range of reasons. For example:
- Many are attracted by the nature of the team. We aren’t a huge group of solicitors so you don’t need to worry that your case will be lost among hundreds of others or that there will be different lawyers dealing with crucial matters at various times. But neither are we so small as to lack the resources and back-up to provide the truly comprehensive service you need. We have a substantial team of expert lawyers on hand to offer you the highest quality technical advice on all aspects of divorce, including on specialist matters like international divorce and complex financial matters.
- We have earned Lexcel accreditation – the Law Society’s quality mark for client care – and are recognised by the Legal 500 directory. Many members of the team are recommended for their exemplary work in family law.
- As members of Resolution, we work towards finding a constructive outcome to your divorce no matter how conflicted you and your estranged spouse are over key issues. Our job is to remove any obstacles to a negotiated settlement and make what can be a complicated, lengthy process as smooth as possible for you. Where it becomes necessary to engage in full blown proceedings however, you’ll find us as tenacious as any family law team when it comes to protecting your position in court and outside it.
- Technology means we can communicate with clients much more effectively than perhaps was the case in the past. But we understand that many clients, particularly those experiencing a painful divorce, find electronic communication impersonal and even unhelpful. Using a team like the one at Brookman – one that is committed to a personal service and that is local to you in Charing Cross means you can build up a trusting relationship with your solicitor and always meet us face to face when you want to.
Or call us: +44 (0)20 7430 8470